Thursday, May 5, 2011

NC Politicians need to wake up and help the unemployed!

A story emailed to ncpundit@gmail.com
 
"I do NOT think politicians are doing enough, or anything to help the thousands of people that are unemployed. I have sent out more resume’s than I can count, of course I have a log of it as required by the state of NC. I first wrote the Governor, Beverly Perdue. I was then advised to write the Senator, Phil Berger. I did both, and have emailed Senator Berger many times, with no reply. I have been unemployed since April 09 and have done an extensive job search. The message states the extension was cut due to an increase in jobs. I would LOVE to know where they are. I wish the politicians that have made this ruling would visit Harnett, Moore, Lee, Cumberland and counties I have searched for work in within a 35-40 mile radius. I would extend the search further, but with the price of gas I couldn’t afford to drive any farther than that. I have an Associate Degree in Medical Assisting, and I have targeted every MD office I can find, as well as applied at the hospitals that are close enough for me to drive to. I have now stepped up my search and applied to Walmart, Kmart, McDonald’s and convenience stores. I will take any position I can find if I can and if it’s legal work. With the little amount I was receiving from unemployment benefits, I was not able to save anything, after paying rent, electricity, car insurance. I don’t even have medical coverage and I buy very little food because I can’t afford to. These politicians that can’t, won’t, or for whatever reason aren’t signing a bill to keep the extension going are going to see children in NC counties going hungry, homeless. I just hope those that took away the benefits will at LEAST understand that some of us soon will be living in our car, and maybe they will allow us to park it in their parking lot, where it might be somewhat safer than a street somewhere. To the politicians that took away the benefits, I invite them to visit the counties I named above, and if there are ANY jobs there, please tell me and the thousands of others that are unemployed, because we sure aren’t seeing them. I am not lazy, I am 50 years old and have worked somewhere since I was 15 years old. I am looking extensively for a job, there just aren’t any. The people that are employed sure aren’t leaving, and the ones that are looking are finding no vacancies. Something has to give. I live in NC so I speak for them, because I know the situation here, however, I know it is the same for others in other states. I have never seen our economy in such a condition. You can’t drive very far to work if you could find a job because you couldn’t pay the gas to get there. This situation is TERRIBLE!"

- in North Carolina

2 comments:

And do you think Bev would answer an email, HELL NO. These lawmakers make me sick. What do they want from us. I will get on my hand and knees if it will make them respond.

Bev was too busy vacationing in Florida last week to be bothered by the unemployed.

Post a Comment