Sunday, May 1, 2011

Try reading some legislation

To me, reading this sign was a welcome antidote to the glossy party-line opinions of our politicians. I learned things. For one thing, I learned that I hate reading legislation. That’s okay. Legislation is written that way on purpose. I learned that by reading the actual text of the legislation, (and this may come as a shock to some of your delicate systems), but some bloggers and news reporters and sock puppets aren't above lying to you about what the legislation says to get you shrieking right along with them.

In other news, I’d like to propose the following bill:

No Senator nor Representative in The State of North Carolina can vote for or against a bill unless said legislator can pass, with at least 85% proficiency, a multiple choice exam about the bill in question.

This might not be the popular thought, but as much as I want to, I don't think it would pass muster on the floor of the NCGA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment